about children's services
One Tree’s services are adapted to suit Western Australia’s unique communities.
All of our childcare services retain their local identity.
We are proud that each of our services has their own history, personality and presence.
Our children's services support families in remote and rural communities by providing early childhood learning services to those who would otherwise be unable to access such services. It gives the opportunity for parents, many of whom work long hours in the mining industry, to provide a safe learning environment for their children whilst they are at work.
One Tree is proud that each service has its own history, personality and presence and that each service receives a high degree of support – Regional Managers visit regularly and provide ongoing contact.
One Tree encourages and welcomes parent and carer involvement in all childcare services. Services offer two annual meetings for parents and carers to attend and contribute in a more formal manner, although many prefer to be involved in special projects, as this gives them an opportunity to have input in areas where they have expertise.
One Tree Children's Services Philosophy
- Children are unique and valued citizens with rights and responsibilities.
- Children are capable of initiating their own learning by building on each other's strengths, facilitated by educators as co-learners.
- Care and education are interwoven and founded on relationships, strengthened by families and educators, sharing responsibility and collaborating with global community.
- The diversity of all people is appreciated, respected and acknowledged for the capacity to add value.
- The environment is the 'third teacher' encouraging exploration and imagination, reflecting the natural world.