2IC/Educational Leader – Kununurra, WA
One Tree Woothoo-woothoong thoon Ninggoowoong Dawang Children’s Service – 2IC and Educational Leader (Full-time)
$77,901.14 – $80,224.16 (base salary, allowances/loading) plus super
One Tree Community Services is a national not for profit offering early childhood education, out of school hours care, community services, registered early childhood training, and professional support across Australia. We span the country because we want all children, no matter where they live, to have access to the same education, care, and start in life.
Our One Tree children’s service in Kununurra, Western Australia is seeking a 2IC and Educational Leader to join their team. If you have fantastic administration and mentoring skills, with the ability to form meaningful relationships with children, staff, and families, then this position is for you.
Benefits on offer
- Above award salary
- Four weeks annual leave plus 2 weeks off over Christmas
- Financial assistance to relocate
- Subsidised childcare
- Housing allowance
- Access to our Employee Assistance Program
- Length of service incentives
- Online inductions and PD sessions
About the service
Kununurra is a beautiful remote town located in the East Kimberley. In Kununurra, we run a lovely small service with a child-centered approach. If you’re looking for new experiences, then you’ll love working at this service.
The children practice yoga, mindfulness and there are sessions from the Miriwoong Language Group held 3 days per week. There is a wonderful bush kindy program which focuses on a holistic, both ways approach to teaching and learning, along with many sustainability practices in action.
What you’ll do
- Provide supervision and direction to reporting staff, ensuring the day-to-day operations of the service upheld to One Tree’s standard.
- Design, implement and evaluate programs for children in accordance with One Tree’s requirements.
- Actively create partnerships with families, reporting staff and the community.
- Actively engage with local Aboriginal community members, ensuring the service represents their needs.
- Oversee and ensure the workplace operates within WHS requirements and duty of care of children and their families is maintained.
- Manage administrative duties for the service
- Support on the floor to cover breaks & programming time
- Act as the director of the service in the absence of the director.
- Be a Responsible Person at the service.
What you’ll bring
- Strong knowledge of child development and theories relating to children’s learning.
- Demonstrated communication skills and ability to lead a team.
- Demonstrated evidence of developing and evaluating high quality programs for children in line with recognised frameworks.
- Demonstrated ability to advocate for children’s rights and role model positive relationships with children.
Certifications & Licences
- Diploma or bachelor in early childhood (or working towards), or ACECQA approved equivalent
- Valid WA Working with Children Check
- Clear National Police Clearance
What you need to do
- Update your resume
- Write a cover letter outlining your suitability for the position
- Join http://edutribe.com.au for a free resume template
- Be eligible to work in Australia
- Click “Apply for this Job”
For more information or to request a copy of the position description, call or email us on (08) 6250 4103 or email@example.com