Casual Educators – Kids Brigade – Darwin, Northern Territory
Casual Certificate III or Diploma Educators
$30.59 – $34.45 per hour
+ $16.60 NT allowance weekly
One Tree Defence Childcare Unit – Kids Brigade
Located in Palmerston, just 20 km from Darwin our Defence Childcare Unit offers 85 places to local defence families and the wider community. At Kids Brigade, we have an open-door policy to families, and we believe that families are children’s first teacher, and we work in partnership to achieve the best outcome for all children. Our goal is to extend children’s leaning and allow them to be individual that become competent thinks, problem solvers, inventors, and active lifelong learner. Many of the educators have been at Kids brigade for between 4 -12 years giving children and families a sense of continuity and community.
What you’ll bring:
- A Cert III or Diploma in Early Childhood Education
- A valid Ochre Card (or ability to obtain)
- A fun and enthusiastic approach with plenty of energy
What you’ll do:
The work you do will mean a lot and make a big difference. Your ‘can-do’ attitude and commitment to work within One Tree Community Service’s spirit, purpose and values will be your key to success.
- You will be mentored by a room leader and supported to work with children
- You will have passion and patience as our next generation will be guided by you
- You will be able to recognise and develop the strengths in children and your team
- You will be able to build positive relationships with peers, families, and children
What you’ll receive:
- Above award pay
- Professional development
- Complimentary Uniforms
- Face-to-face training and mentoring from Room leaders
- Supportive online induction to help you feel comfortable from day one
- Professional development tailored to you. Includes coaching, supervision, online and face to face coaching sessions and additional training
- Learn at your pace with online specially designed courses
One Tree is a national not for profit offering early childhood education, out of school hours care, community services, registered early childhood training, and professional support. As a team, we’re determined to lead, meet the challenge, and work together. That’s how we turn challenges into possibilities for children and families, every single day.
Our diverse team is 800+ strong and work in all corners of our country. From regional towns to remote communities and cities, we’re proud to provide 53 services in the places that need it most. If you’re looking to make a difference in your life and the lives of others, then One Tree is the place to be.
Please send us a cover letter along with your updated resume to apply for this amazing opportunity. Call us on (03) 8311 6203 or click to view our website: www.onetree.org.au for more information.
One Tree Community Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer supporting diversity in the workplace and Indigenous applicants are encouraged to apply.