Centre Director – Kangaroo Cottage – Jervis Bay, NSW
One Tree Defence Unit – Kangaroo Cottage
In the seaside town of Jervis Bay, you’ll find One Tree Defence Childcare Unit – Kangaroo Cottage. A small and welcoming service with only 16 places, catering for children from six weeks to six years. Opening between 7.00am to 5.00pm Monday to Friday, you will be joining a very tight-knit team.
What you’ll Bring
- Diploma or Bachelor in Early childhood
- Current working with Children card
- Organisational skills including time management, scheduling, and general organising
- Interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong in pedagogy and be able to support a team with their programs and practices
- Experience in managing staff including staff performance, recruitment and performance appraisals
What you’ll do
- Develop and maintain positive relationships with all stakeholders
- Establish a workplace culture that facilitates a sense of community
- Engage with families and staff through open communication, respecting diversity and to be sensitive to their concerns
- Provide structured mentoring opportunities for staff
- Be responsible for the professional development of staff ensuring they have necessary certifications
- Create inspiring learning environments
What you’ll receive
- More money in your pocket every week thanks to salary packaging
- Rewards for every year you spend at One Tree. Including extra sick leave, extra annual leave, Qantas frequent flyer points and more
- Complimentary Uniforms
- Free and confidential counselling for you and your immediate family through the One Tree Employee Assistance Program
- Face-to-face training and mentoring from experienced Regional Manager
One Tree is a national not for profit offering early childhood education, out of school hours care, community services, registered early childhood training, and professional support. As a team, we’re determined to lead, meet the challenge, and work together. That’s how we turn challenges into possibilities for children and families, every single day.
Our diverse team is 800+ strong and work in all corners of our country. From regional towns to remote communities and cities, we’re proud to provide 53 services in the places that need it most. If you’re looking to make a difference in your life and the lives of others, then One Tree is the place to be.
Please send us a cover letter along with your updated resume to apply for this amazing opportunity. Call us on (03) 8311 6203 or click to view our website: www.onetree.org.au for more information.
One Tree is committed to equal opportunity, child safety and workplace diversity. We encourage a diverse workforce that reflects the communities we work with. Indigenous applicants are encouraged to apply.