Centre Director – Tingira, Nowra NSW (Southcoast)
Nominated Supervisor & Responsible Person
$77, 171 per annum plus superannuation
One Tree Defence Childcare Unit Tingira (OTDCU Tingira)
OTDCU Tingira is located just a short drive from the naval base HMAS Albatross in Nowra, NSW. It is a 79-place centre consisting of a nursery room, toddler room, pre-kinder and kinder room. It operates from 6.30am to 5.30pm Monday to Friday and supports local defence personnel and their families. We are seeking an experienced Centre Director to lead our dedicated team.
Our centre recognises that ‘Childhood is a time to be, to seek and make meaning of the world’. We support this by ensuring that the children receive education and care of the highest quality. Our learning environment ensures flexibility and responsiveness to the children’s interests and capabilities and provides a platform to create confident and assertive learners.
What you’ll Bring:
- Diploma in Early childhood or Bachelor of Education
- Current working with Children Clearance
- National Police Clearance
- Organisational and time management skills
- Interpersonal and communication skills
- Experience in performance management and recruitment
What you’ll do:
- Develop and maintain positive relationships with all stakeholders
- Establish a workplace culture that facilitates a sense of community
- Engage with families and staff through open communication
- Provide structured mentoring and professional development opportunities for staff
- Ensure the service has an up-to-date Quality Improvement Plan (QIP) and risk management plan
- Ensure the service operates in line with the National Quality Standards (NQS)
- Create inspiring learning environments
Just like the children we teach, we’re always growing, and, if you work with us, you will have all the opportunities you need to develop your career too. Training, mentoring, support, and coaching are all part of the deal.
What you’ll receive:
- Up to 50% off childcare fees
- Salary packaging benefits
- Rewards for every year you spend at One Tree. This includes extra sick leave, extra annual leave, Qantas frequent flyer points and more
- One Tree branded uniform
- Free and confidential counselling for you and your immediate family through the One Tree Employee Assistance Program
One Tree is a national not-for- profit, offering early childhood education, out of school hours care, community services, registered early childhood training and professional support. As a team, we’re determined to lead, meet the challenge, and work together. That’s how we turn challenges into possibilities for children and families, every single day.
Our diverse team is 800+ strong and works in all corners of our country. From regional towns to remote communities and cities, we’re proud to provide 53 services in the places that need it most. If you’re looking to make a difference in your life and the lives of others, then One Tree is the place to be.
Please send us a cover letter along with your updated resume to apply for this amazing opportunity. Call us on (03) 8311 6203 or click to view our website: www.onetree.org.au for more information.
One Tree Community Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer supporting diversity in the workplace and Indigenous applicants are encouraged to apply.