Centre Manager – Little Geckos – Katherine
Status: Centre Manager
Salary range: $39/hr – $47/hr plus super (based on experience and qualification)
Qualifications: Bachelor or Diploma in Early Childhood
Centre name: One Tree Defence Child Care Unit – Little Geckos
Location: Tindal, NT
Travel, adventure, and an amazing career – you can have it all!
About Little Geckos:
Our remote services are in some of Australia’s most hard to reach underserviced locations. It takes a special kind of person to work in these services, the kind of person who wants to make a difference. You’ll bring your all and in return, you’ll join a big-hearted organisation that’s on a mission to transform challenges into possibilities. Our talented and professional team are inspired by child-led approach. And we put local culture and language at the centre of our services.
Little Geckos is a homely and welcoming long day care service located at RAAF Base Tindal, just 15 km outside of Katherine. The team have created three separate learning environments for different age groups. Children feel like they belong here, and so will you. Though, on the weekends the adventure and experiences of the surrounding region will have you longing for the great outdoors!
What you’ll get:
- Relocation allowance up to $3000
- Additional housing allowance
- A permanent position (37.5hrs/week)
- $16.60 per week NT District Allowance
- Up to 50% off childcare fees
- Rewards for length of service at One Tree including more sick leave, annual leave, and frequent flyer points
- Face-to-face training and mentoring from regional managers
- Monthly coaching sessions
- Opportunities to live and work at any of our services Australia-wide.
What you’ll bring:
- Strong leadership skills
- An unwavering passion for children, their learning and care
- Support for our much-loved way for teaching & learning – the Reggio Emilia Approach
- Strong advocacy for children and their inclusion
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Creative solutions
- Open-mindedness and patience
- Positive team and family spirit
- An ability to build positive relationships with peers, families and children
Just like the children we teach, we’re always growing. And, if you work with us, you will have all the opportunities you need to grow your career too. Training, mentoring, support, and coaching are all part of the deal. Along with opportunities to work in places you never thought possible!
What you’ll need to start your journey:
- A diploma or bachelor in early childhood education and care
- A valid Ochre Card (or ability to obtain)
- Your own vehicle (or ability to obtain one)
If this role appeals to you, and your sense of adventure, please write a letter addressing the selection criteria listed under “what you’ll bring”. Don’t forget to attach an updated resume. For more information or to request a copy of the position description, call or email us on (03) 8311 6203 or firstname.lastname@example.org To view our website, visit: www.onetree.org.au
OneTree, the place to be…