Community Liaison Officer – Werribee West Family Centre – Werribee West VIC
Community Liaison Officer
Fixed Term ending 20 December 2023
Part time 12 hours per week – spread of days and hours negotiable
One Tree Community Services – Werribee West
Werribee West Family Centre provides a warm and welcoming environment where families, community and local culture are central to practice. Werribee West Family Centre is in a community hub that was purpose-built for children and families. Within this bustling service, you’ll find a secure playground for imaginative, outdoor play and three rooms for kindergarten so there’s plenty of space.
As part of our team, you’ll have opportunities to do great work and grow your career. We work hard to give our people on the ground the best support so they can support children, families, and women.
What you’ll do
- Engaging community to identify the needs, programs and support services that focus on positive outcomes for the local community;
- Engage and build partnerships with local community groups, support agencies and services;
- Manage enquires, room bookings, and coordinate hiring of spaces across the community centre;
- Work with the onsite partners (kindergarten teaching team, Maternal and Child Health Nurse and Wyndham City Council) to create a welcoming environment; and
- Lead and participate in centre network meetings on a regular basis to maximise family and community participation across the centre.
What you’ll Bring
- Desired early childhood/community services qualifications such as Certificate IV or Diploma in one or more of the following field(s): Early Childhood Education/Development; and/or Community Services;
- Experience in community services and outreach; family and children’s services and/or the kindergarten sector is highly regarded.
- Minimum 4 years working within the community and/or early years sector
- Knowledge of family support services and agencies within the local community;
- Ability to Work within a team and independently;
- Current Working with Children’s Check and/or Victorian Institute of Teaching (VIT);
- Current and valid driver’s licence.
We’ll reward you with an above-average salary, a staff rewards program and so much more.
- More money in your pocket every week thanks to salary packaging
- Supportive online induction to help you feel comfortable from day one
- Free and confidential counselling for you and your immediate family through the One Tree Employee Assistance Program
One Tree is a national not for profit offering early childhood education, out of school hours care, community services, registered early childhood training, and professional support. As a team, we’re determined to lead, meet the challenge, and work together. That’s how we turn challenges into possibilities for children and families, every single day.
Our diverse team is 800+ strong and work in all corners of our country. From regional towns to remote communities and cities, we’re proud to provide 53 services in the places that need it most. If you’re looking to make a difference in your life and the lives of others, then One Tree is the place to be.
Please send us a cover letter along with your updated resume to apply for this amazing opportunity. Call us on (03) 8311 6203 or click to view our website: www.onetree.org.au for more information.
One Tree is committed to equal opportunity, child safety and workplace diversity. We encourage a diverse workforce that reflects the communities we work with. Indigenous applicants are encouraged to apply.