Cook / Food Coordinator – Tingira – Nowra, NSW.
Permanent Part Time 15 hours per week (Mondays and Fridays)
One Tree Defence Unit Tingira, Nowra
Join a welcoming service and work in partnership with local defence families. This creative service is a short drive from the naval base HMAS Albatross in Nowra, NSW. Our large and talented team run a nursery room, toddler room, pre-kinder room, and kinder room.
What you’ll bring:
- A valid Working with Children Card (or ability to obtain)
- Safe food handling and or food supervisors certificate.
- Knowledge of safe practices working in a kitchen environment
- Prior experience in cooking for groups of people
- menu planning to a budget
What you’ll do:
- Work in partnership with families in meeting all children’s dietary requirements to include allergy awareness and anaphylaxis
- Creating meals for different stages of development to include weaning.
- Provide healthy and nutritious snacks and meals for children
- Maintain the environment in meeting Health Regulations
- Co-ordinate the purchasing and ordering of supplies to reflect the menu
What you’ll receive:
- Complimentary uniform
- Rewards for every year you spend with One Tree
- Not for profit salary packaging options
- Access to our Employee Assistance program
- Great career progression opportunities
One Tree is a national not for profit offering early childhood education, out of school hours care, community services, registered early childhood training, and professional support. As a team, we’re determined to lead, meet the challenge, and work together. That’s how we turn challenges into possibilities for children and families, every single day.
Our diverse team is 800+ strong and work in all corners of our country. From regional towns to remote communities and cities, we’re proud to provide 53 services in the places that need it most. If you’re looking to make a difference in your life and the lives of others, then One Tree is the place to be.
Please send us a cover letter along with your updated resume to apply for this amazing opportunity. Call us on (03) 8311 6203 or click to view our website: www.onetree.org.au for more information.
One Tree is committed to equal opportunity, child safety and workplace diversity. We encourage a diverse workforce that reflects the communities we work with. Indigenous applicants are encouraged to apply.