Director (Community Services) – Wadeye, Regional Northern Territory
Director – Full time (38hrs per week)
$101,257 – $102,098 (base salary and all allowances/loadings) plus super
Wadeye, Northern Territory
One Tree is a national not for profit offering early childhood education, out of school hours care, community services, registered early childhood training, and professional support. Our remote services are in some of Australia’s most hard to reach, underserviced locations. It takes a special kind of person to work in these services, the kind of person who wants to make a difference.
Located in the small coastal community of Wadeye, 420kms from Darwin, the Wadeye Children and Family Centre is the place for dedicated and passionate educators. Living in Wadeye truly gives you the opportunity to experience and understand the benefit and challenges of living and working in remote Australia. Working alongside locally employed staff, you can learn from the local Aboriginal people. All while being supported by a small team, where your ideas and input can have genuine impact on the service and community.
Benefits on offer
- Above award salary
- Four weeks annual leave plus 2 weeks off over the festive period
- Relocation allowance
- RENT FREE house available
- Utility allowance
- Quarterly flights to Darwin
- Subsidised childcare
- Access to our Employee Assistance Program
- Length of service incentives
- Salary packaging available
- Online inductions and PD sessions
What you’ll do
- Create partnerships with staff, families, community, and One Tree.
- Oversee continuous improvements and compliance for the service.
- Ensure the workplace operates within Workplace Health & Safety (WHS) requirements.
- Manage budgets & funding.
- Manage staff including staff performance, recruitment, professional development, and performance appraisals
- Deliver a curriculum in accordance with One Tree’s philosophy as the service’s Educational Leader.
- Be a Responsible Person & Nominated Supervisor of the service.
What you’ll bring
- Degree or diploma in early childhood or ACECQA approved equivalent
- Organisational skills including include general organising, time management, scheduling, coordinating resources and meeting deadlines.
- Interpersonal and communication skills.
- Experience in building successful relationships with staff, families, and community.
- Experience in achieving excellence at management level in an early education and care setting.
- Experience in managing staff including staff performance, recruitment, and performance appraisals.
- A commitment to continuous improvement and efficiencies in service delivery.
- Knowledge of relevant state and commonwealth laws and regulations.
Certifications & Licences required
- A clear NT Working with Children Check & National Police Clearance
- Northern Land Council permit
- First Aid & CPR certificates
- A valid driver’s licence
- Proof of your COVID vaccination status
What you need to do
- Update your resume
- Write a cover letter addressing your suitability for the position
- Join http://edutribe.com.au if you would like a free resume template
- Be eligible to work in Australia
- Click on the “Apply” button.
For more information or to request a copy of the position description, call or email us on (08) 6250 4103 or firstname.lastname@example.org