Director/Educational Leader- Yarralin, Northern Territory
One Tree Community Services is a national not for profit offering early childhood education, out of school hours care, community services, registered early childhood training, and professional support. As a team, we’re determined to lead, meet the challenge, and work together. That’s how we turn challenges into possibilities for children and families, every single day.
Located 382km southwest of Katherine, our 25 placed service is inspired by child-led approaches. It offers a bilingual program where children learn Ngaringman with the local team members and interact in English with the non-Aboriginal staff.
What you will do:
Are you a leader with the skills and know-how to manage a childcare centre? Are you looking for a new and exciting challenge that offers you a rewarding, fulfilling experience working within a community… Then look no further, WE WANT YOU!
As an experienced director and educational leader, you will lead and mentor your team to ensure the service is providing high-quality early childhood education in a remote Aboriginal community while creating a supportive and inclusive environment. Your knowledge and experience along with your team will recognise the strengths in your team and children while adhering to One Tree Community Services’ spirit, purpose and values.
Other duties include (but not limited to):
- Ensure families and staff involvement in the service by actively seeking their input and acting on their suggestions and feedback
- Establish a workplace culture that facilitates a sense of community
- Guide service provision to ensure staff provide quality interactions in accordance with industry best practice
- Advocate for children’s rights, needs, and interests and oversee staff in establishing an environment that enables and promotes these rights, needs and interests
- Deliver curriculum in accordance with One Tree’s Philosophy
- Oversee staff to ensure they maintain positive and supportive relationships with children and families
Requirements for the Role:
- Knowledge and experience working/living in a remote community
- Strong leadership and time management skills
- Deep understanding on indigenous culture
- Strong sense of community engagement
- Current ochre card
- Northern Territory Council Permit
- National police clearance.
Benefits of joining our team:
- District allowance
- Quarterly flights from Yarralin to Darwin
- Free shared 2 bedroom house
- Relocation costs up to $3000.
- Four weeks annual leave plus an additional 2 weeks over December holidays.
How to apply:
Click ‘Apply Now’ and submit your application. We review applications as they are submitted. We encourage you to submit your application as soon as possible for your chance to progress to the next stage. If you would like further information, call us on (08) 6103 4102 or click to view our website: www.onetree.org.au