Educational Leader – Little Geckos – Tindal, NT.
37.5 hours per week
Housing allowance offered
$3000 relocation allowance
$16.60 weekly NT allowance
Now is a great time to join our long day care service as we introduce a new leadership team.
One Tree Defence Unit Little Geckos is located at the RAAF Base Tindal NT just 15 km outside of Katherine and caters to Defence personnel and their families. Katherine is the fourth largest settlement in the Northern Territory and is known as the place where “The outback meets the tropics”.
The team have created three separate learning environments for different age groups. Children feel like they belong here, and so will you. They have capacity for 73 children and operate between 7am to 5.30pm Monday to Friday. On the weekends the adventure and experiences of the surrounding region will have you longing for the great outdoors. Travel, adventure, and an amazing career – you can have it all!
What you’ll bring
- Diploma or bachelor degree in Early childhood (or working towards)
- Valid Ochre card and current National Police check or ability to obtain
- Strong leadership skills
- Understanding and demonstrated experience of EYLF and NQS
- Strong advocacy for children and their inclusion
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Capacity to plan and initiate educational experiences and practices
What you’ll do
- Lead and develop children’s learning
- Provide support, mentoring and leadership to educators in the development of learning and continuous improvement
- Work effectively with families in caring for children and promote and support family involvement in the curriculum
- Be an approved Responsible Person for the services as required
- Develop positive and supportive relationships with children
What you’ll receive
- Housing allowance offered
- Relocation allowance up to $3000
- $16.60 per week NT District Allowance
- Discounted childcare fees
- Rewards for length of service at One Tree including more leave and frequent flyer points
- Face-to-face training and mentoring from regional managers
- Monthly coaching sessions
One Tree is a national not for profit offering early childhood education, out of school hours care, community services, registered early childhood training, and professional support. As a team, we’re determined to lead, meet the challenge, and work together. That’s how we turn challenges into possibilities for children and families, every single day.
Our diverse team is 800+ strong and work in all corners of our country. From regional towns to remote communities and cities, we’re proud to provide 53 services in the places that need it most. If you’re looking to make a difference in your life and the lives of others, then One Tree is the place to be.
Please send us a cover letter along with your updated resume to apply for this amazing opportunity. Call us on (03) 8311 6203 or click to view our website: www.onetree.org.au for more information.
One Tree is committed to equal opportunity, child safety and workplace diversity. We encourage a diverse workforce that reflects the communities we work with. Indigenous applicants are encouraged to apply.