Float Educator – Wyndham City
Part time fixed term position ending 1/12/24
Monday and Friday – 6.5 hours per day at Balim Balim Kindergarten
Wednesday – 1.5 hours at Werribee West Family Centre
Tuesday and Thursday – 8 hours per day at Riverwalk Primary School Kindergarten
Our kindergartens provide a warm and welcoming environment where families, community and local culture are central to practice. Within the services, our programs focus on embedding the local Aboriginal perspectives in daily routines. All rooms have a warm and welcoming feel for both children and families, which embrace the natural environment and ensure that all children and families are made to feel welcome and engaged. Educators are sensitive and responsive to the strengths of our young citizens and create a holistic and joyful experience to optimise their learning and development. Our educational program aligns with the Victorian Early Years Learning and the National Framework.
What you’ll bring:
- Diploma in Early Childhood;
- Valid WWCC;
- A strong knowledge of Child Safe Standards, National Quality Framework and Early Yearly Learning Framework; and
- An unwavering passion for children, their learning and care.
What you’ll do:
- You will have the ability to contribute to a vibrant curriculum where each child’s current knowledge, ideas, culture, abilities, and interests are the foundation of a play-based program;
- You will be able to place the needs of children and their community at the centre of practice, while aligning with approved early learning and development frameworks and the National Quality Standards, as well as One Tree’s policies and procedures; and
- You have the capacity to build a culture of reflective practice and continuous improvement.
What you’ll receive:
- Paid school holidays;
- Rewards for every year you spend at One Tree. Including extra sick leave, extra annual leave, Qantas frequent flyer points and more;
- Learn at your pace with online specially designed courses;
- Free and confidential counselling for you and your immediate family through the One Tree Employee Assistance Program;
- Professional development tailored to you. Includes coaching, supervision, online and face to face coaching sessions and additional training; and
- Face-to-face training and mentoring from Regional Managers.
One Tree is a national not for profit offering early childhood education, out of school hours care, community services, registered early childhood training, and professional support. As a team, we’re determined to lead, meet the challenge, and work together. That’s how we turn challenges into possibilities for children and families, every single day.
Our diverse team work in all corners of our country. From regional towns to remote communities and cities, we’re proud to provide services in the places that need it most. If you’re looking to make a difference in your life and the lives of others, then One Tree is the place to be.
Please send us a cover letter along with your updated resume to apply for this amazing opportunity.
One Tree is committed to equal opportunity, child safety and workplace diversity. We encourage a diverse workforce that reflects the communities we work with. Indigenous applicants are encouraged to apply.