Regional Manager – Kindergartens
A Regional Manager with 3+ years of experience in both operationally and pedagogically is needed to join our team. You will lead and mentor our sessional kindergarten services in the South Eastern Suburbs of Victoria.
As a member of our team, you will have opportunity to contribute exceptional work and develop your profession, while receiving all the support you require. We work hard to provide the greatest possible assistance to our team members, so that they can support our colleagues, children, and families.
About the position:
- Lead the delivery of high-quality service standards across all Kindergartens in your portfolio.
- Ensure that Kindergartens adhere to One Tree’s prescribed standards and frameworks, including the National Quality Standards (NQS) Framework for early education and care.
- Advocate for One Tree’s spirit, purpose, and values.
- Ensure that the expectations and responsibilities of customers and stakeholders are adequately met.
- The ability to collaborate with families, colleagues, and promote children’s learning.
- Assist in the appointment of a new nominated supervisor.
- As needed, act as a Responsible Person.
- As needed, to teach in a session.
- Administrative responsibilities, such as leave and time sheet approvals.
- Hold a degree in early childhood education or an equivalent tertiary business qualification.
- Have experience being responsible for various Kindergartens in both operationally and pedagogically at management level.
- Ability to travel to rural and remote areas (including overnight and extended stays).
- Ability to attend meetings in our Sunshine West Office, as required.
- Hold a Victorian Institute of Teaching (VIT) card.
- Hold a current driver’s licence.
- Have a minimum of 3+ years’ experience in a similar position or leading large teams.
What you’ll receive:
- Competitive Salary
- A fully maintained vehicle
- A laptop and mobile phone
- Flexible work from home options
- A rewarding and supportive team environment
- Rewards for every year you spend at One Tree, Including extra sick leave, extra annual leave, Qantas frequent flyer points and more.
One Tree is a national a not-for-profit organisation that provides Early Childhood Education and Care (ECEC), kindergarten, community services, professional support, and training throughout Australia. We are invested in Victoria’s evolving kindergarten movement and seek to provide a localised, tailored service delivery models which will respond to and cater for the diverse needs of modern-day families within the communities we work with. We believe that working with communities rather than in communities is essential for achieving the best possible results. We have found that the willingness and spirit of local people and organisations to become part of the solution is often the largest influence for creating positive change.
Our spirit of working together, meeting the challenge, and being determined to lead inspires everything we do. Creating a sense of belonging—for our staff, and the children, families, and communities we work with is important to us. This is what makes us “the place to be”.
Our diverse team is 800+ strong and work in all corners of our country. From regional towns to remote communities and cities, we’re proud to provide over 60 services in the places that need it most. If you’re looking to make a difference in your life and the lives of others, then One Tree is the place for you.
Please send us a cover letter addressing the selection key criteria, along with your updated resume to apply for this amazing opportunity. Call our People and Culture Engagement Consultant on (03) 8311 6203 or click to view our website: www.onetree.org.au to find out more information.
There is no timeframe for this position, but we will continue to interview people until we find the appropriate person.
One Tree is committed to equal opportunity, child safety and workplace diversity. We encourage a diverse workforce that reflects the communities we work with. Indigenous applicants are encouraged to apply.
Selection Key Criteria
- How do you encourage professional development among your staff and ensure that they are equipped with the necessary skills to excel in their roles?
- How have you contributed to the development and evaluation of Quality Improvement Plans, Risk Management Plans, and Emergency Management Plans within the context of early childhood education services?
- How would you leverage your leadership skills to support the development of confident and capable educators within the organisation?