Our service is located in a remote Aboriginal community on the traditional land of the Kardu Diminin clan group – ‘People of the small stone land’ in the vibrant community of Wadeye.
Wadeye Children and Family Centre is located in the main centre of the remote community of Wadeye.
Our Service mirrors the small coastal community of Wadeye with interconnecting outdoor play areas and co-located family and health services within the complex. Our rooms are inviting and welcoming to families. Parents are encouraged to stay and settle their wakals (children) while they find a sense of confidence and belonging. Children are supported by dedicated staff who thrive on the rewarding work of offering high quality care in a remote community.
We work collaboratively with the local community to support the culture and language. The locally spoken language Murrinhpatha is spoken and supported by teaching and learning materials such as posters and books.
Our service fosters a child-centred program inspired by the Reggio Emilia philosophy. The program incorporates a rich array of natural sensory resources and is led by both local community and qualified staff.
We are a 52-place service operating Monday to Friday 8.00 am – 4.00 pm, catering for children up to six years of age.
All meals are provided (morning tea, lunch, afternoon tea), with a carefully selected nutritional meal plan.
- The Babies Room caters for infants from 0 to 18 months with a maximum of 12 children.
- The Toddler Roomcaters for children from 18 months to 3 years with a maximum of 15 children.
- The Kindy Room caters for children 3 – 6 years with children able to attend preschool at the school for 3 hours per day during the school term. The room has a maximum of 25 children.
The Our Lady of the Sacred Heart School offers a pick up and drop off service for all preschool enrolled children. Please discuss this with the director for further information.
Click here to enrol online
- If you would like any further information, please contact our Enrolments Team:
- Phone 1800 919 995
- Email email@example.com
- Alternatively, you can contact the director to organise face to face support to enrol your child and to receive assistance in applying for Child Care Subsidy (CCS).
- Call 0428 127 984
- Email Wadeye@onetree.org.au
Fee information can be found in the fees section of the website.
Families are assisted to access child care through Child Care Subsidy (CCS) to reduce the cost of child care, with the service supported by funding through the Department of Education, Skills and Employment to ensure fees are flexible and affordable in remote community to support every child to attend.
If you are concerned about the cost of child care, you may be eligible for flexible fee support called ‘Additional Child Care Subsidy’ (ACCS) which the director can provide information on – don’t let cost be a barrier to your child enrolling with our service. One Tree strongly support all families to attend the service.
PO Box 8, Wadeye, NT 0822