Healing Hearts = Strong Kids (HH=SK) is a professional development program, designed in collaboration with communities, by the FISH team.
The strength-based program is delivered non-judgmentally and is underpinned by the person-centred OTCS Positive Behaviour Support (PBS) approach.
The program of modules supports participants to sensitively and appropriately upskill in identifying and understanding trauma, build a greater understanding on the effect of trauma on children’s brains and how these impact their development and behaviour.
HH=SK also gives examples of how adults and children can promote wellbeing, together with a focus on fostering strong relationships, emotional regulation, and nurturing child development.
The program of modules achieves the objectives by exploring:
- Practical intervention strategies.
- Trauma informed PBS strategies.
- Encouraging positive interactions.
- Inviting discussions on ways to positively support children.
- Promoting safe and secure relationships.
- Enhancing understanding through observation and role modelling.
- Building capacity to use positive behaviour support strategies.
Feedback from participants has enabled teams working with children to identify how trauma presents, and how to best support the children in their settings. This results in better outcomes for children and families, and for the staff working in these services.
For further information please email firstname.lastname@example.org