Gurlu Gurlu Maya Child and Parent Centre – Roebourne
Gurlu Gurlu Maya Child and Parent Centre supports families in Roebourne, Wickham and surrounding communities. We cater for families and young children from birth to eight years of age in a safe and open environment. Our learning and support programs are designed to promote positive experiences and support health and wellbeing. We look forward to welcoming you to our centre.
Gurlu Gurlu Maya Child and Parent Centre – Roebourne provides a range of programs and services, including:
- Community Playgroup ‘Roebourne Kangaroo Kids’ – This playgroup is held every Monday during the school term. This is a fun, educational space where children and families feel welcome. Bus pick up and lunch is provided.
- KindiLink – Miss Shenara and Miss Selina from the Roebourne School are the KindiLink teachers. KindiLink is for 0-3 year olds and supports a child’s development in the year before kindergarten. Gurlu Gurlu Maya CPC proudly support the program. KindiLink happens every Tuesday during the school term from 9am till 12 noon. On Wednesdays we join in with the Yirramagardu Community Program. Come along and join in the fun. Bus pick up and lunch is provided.
- Yirramagardu Community Program – This program is a joint initiative with Yaandina Family Support, One Tree Community Services, KindiLink, Roebourne District High School and PCYC Roebourne. It is designed to support families through healthy cooking, exercise, yarning, and learning with a variety of fun and engaging activities. YCP happens every Wednesday during the school term. Bus pick up and lunch is provided.
- Gumala 3A playgroup – Gumala facilitate this playgroup on Thursdays through the Child and Parent Centre. Everyone is welcome.
- Infant Massage – Designed for mums with young infants, this program is facilitated by a certified infant massage instructor and runs for 4 weeks at a time. It highlights the techniques and the benefits of infant massage.
- School Holiday Program – This happens in the school holidays with educational, engaging and fun activities for families. Bus pick up and lunch provided.
- Drop in for a yarn – Everyone is welcome to drop in for a yarn on any day especially Friday’s. We will always have a cuppa ready for you.
- Child Health Nurse The child health nurse from Mawarnkarra Health Service drops into the service on a weekly/fortnightly basis for our families to access.
We have regular support from Population Health with a visiting specialist of the Allied Health Team. If you would like further information on any of our programs or services, please come and see us at 47 Lockyer Way, Roebourne.
Phone: (08) 9182 1475 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Child and Parent Centres are a State Government initiative.
Yarralin Nutrition Program
One Tree Community Services run the School Nutrition Program (SNP) in Yarralin and provide 3 meals for between 35 and 50 school age children each day.
The School Nutrition Program supports healthy nutrition, better school attendance and helps with learning and engagement in education.
The program also provides job opportunities and training for local community members.
The National Indigenous Australians Agency (NIAA) fund this program and we are grateful for their support and continued investment in this vital program.