Child and Parent Centre – Roebourne, Gurlu Gurlu Maya
The Child and Parent Centre supports families in Roebourne, Wickham and surrounding communities. We cater for families and young children from birth to eight years of age in a safe and open environment. Our learning and support programs are designed to promote positive experiences and support health and wellbeing. We look forward to welcoming you to our centre.
Our programs are designed to promote positive experiences and support health and wellbeing.”
The Child and Parent Centre – Roebourne provides a range of programs and services, including:
- Child health nurse The child health nurse from Mawarnkarra Health Service sets up a mobile drop-in health clinic at our centre once a week for all families to access.
- Yirramagardu Community Program A joint initiative between Yaandina Family Support, Pilbara Aboriginal Heart Health Program, One Tree Community Services and Act Belong Commit. The program is designed to support families through art therapy, healthy cooking, exercise, yarning and learning.
- Family BBQ This program is to support a whole-of-family approach. Everyone is welcome on Mondays to enjoy a BBQ.
- Mum’s & bub’s group A parenting group that is a weekly program and is designed for pregnant mums to be and new mums. We have access to a child health nurse for appointments and information sessions.
- Inter-generational playgroup This group is designed for the community to come along and spend time with our elders and share laughter, fun, games, craft, storytelling and singing.
- 3A playgroup This program includes playful interactions, enriched care and a stable relationship amongst children and adults.
- Community playgroup This fun playgroup is held every fortnight on a Friday. Each time the location is different, it may be the local school oval or the playground.
We have regular support from Population Health with a visiting specialist of the Allied Health Team. If you would like further information on any of our programs or services, please come and see us at 47 Lockyer Way, Roebourne.
The Family Information Support and Help Program (FISH)
Guidance for educators and families We offer assistance to educators who are working with a child and their family who require additional support. This incorporates advice and tools to support positive behaviour practises. The FISH worker will collaborate with the educators and families to establish an appropriate ‘Behaviour Guidance Plan’, which will then be implemented to support the child’s individual needs. For both services, referral forms will be required. One Tree’s Family Information, Support and Help service can be accessed through phone, email or Skype. For further information, contact us on 0477 500054 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Phone: (08) 9182 1475 Email: email@example.com Child and Parent Centres are a State Government initiative.