We believe that to continue to provide quality services we must attract and retain the right people.
We are looking for intrinsically motivated people with a ‘can-do’ attitude who are willing to grow with the organisation.”
One Tree is an award-winning not-for-profit charity with approximately six hundred staff and over 50 services across Australia and is expanding rapidly. One Tree operates in many communities that experience significant challenges, providing services in metropolitan and regional areas and remote Aboriginal communities. The Organisation’s also sponsors and supports Jodie O’Shea House in Bali. We provide accredited training in early childhood education to staff. Employees benefit from above award wages, incentives, bonuses, flexibility and the chance to spend time working in different locations across Australia.
Support for staff
Assistance for staff
One Tree Community Services offers support, both professionally and personally, to staff across all services. The wellbeing of our employees is important to us and these services can be accessed through our Family Information Support and Help Program (FISH). We can assist with personal or work-related issues which may be worrying you and impact your general health or wellbeing. However important or trivial the issue may seem to you, we can help. All discussions are private and there is no charge for this service.
Coaching for staff
Directors and managers are supported with individual monthly coaching and tailored group coaching as required. One Tree welcomes overseas applicants and is able to provide sponsorship to the right applicants. For more information see our list of employment opportunities or contact our recruitment officer at email@example.com
On the bus loyalty rewards program
Our culture includes a loyalty program called the On the Bus Loyalty Rewards Program. This program acknowledges and rewards staff for their continuing loyalty to One Tree. We understand the benefits of positive long-term relationships have in supporting workplace culture and when working with children and vulnerable people. All full and part-time staff are eligible to be part of the program. Staff will receive the following rewards at these milestones:
- Six-month milestone – a One Tree On the Bus congratulatory email and an invitation to our workplace community Facebook page.
- Two-year milestone – additional sick leave benefits.
- Three-year milestone – three additional non-accruable reward leave days every year after three years of service.
- Six-year milestone – Qantas Frequent Flyer (QFF) points to be used for flights, upgrading seats or for purchasing items from the Qantas shop. Staff without a QFF card will be provided details as to how they can apply for a card (at no cost).
- Ten-year milestone – additional QFF points at a greater amount than the six-year milestone.
School-based training program
Our RTO has delivered a school-based training program in Karratha for four years and in partnership with four high schools in WA. We are now operating a school-based training program in the Perth metropolitan area.
One Tree’s school-based training program is:
- a great way for young people to gain a qualification and experience before leaving school;
- completely free for students; and
- no cost to the school.
The program includes classroom delivery by a One Tree accredited trainer and paid employment under a traineeship at a child care service.
The success of this program has us looking for:
- more high schools interested in participating; and
- child care services willing to employ school-based trainees with most of the salary covered by government incentives.